John Williams should write us some new music

pi

if hes not gonna score any movies at least write a bunch of music to keep us busy. we should commision a piece from him. Use advertising for a few weeks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he write a short little tune for that Japanese fan group?

Yep...

FCTheme.jpeg

Awww, wasn't that nice of him... :baaa:

So, who's going to write to Williams for us? ;) Do we even have any indication that Williams knows about this place?

Do we even have any indication that Williams knows about this place?

Renovia, Neil, and I signed this card and gave it to someone who was presumably an assistant to Mr. Williams at Symphony Hall in 2004...we don't know if he ever got it, but I assume/hope he did! Still, he doesn't seem to be much for the Internet either way.

blah.jpg

can anyone make a MIDI of that theme?

I uploaded a simple little MIDI of it to this site. You just have to download it...I think it should work, let me know if it doesn't.

Ray Barnsbury

http://briangoegan.tripod.com/index.htm

I think I got that right. Perhaps later I will try and orchestrate it into something more solid. But, I am rather hesitant to tamper with the work of John Williams.

The fourth note is an f, not an e, though :baaa:

http://briangoegan.tripod.com/index.htm

I think I got that right. Perhaps later I will try and orchestrate it into something more solid. But, I am rather hesitant to tamper with the work of John Williams.

that link doesn't work in I.E. and requires special "tripod "pluggins in firefox.Can someone post tis file on a normal website or send it to me?I really want to hear

I almost accidently installed some spyware"block junk mail" pop up too.

K.M.Who despises Tripod stuff.

Curiously, i just thought few days ago about sending him a letter asking for an autograph and if he could make us a simple tune to put on our main page...

I was not so crazy :baaa:

Maybe if Ricard asked for it?

Wow, Jack, that sounds awesome!

And yes, I think Williams would be somewhat disturbed if he ever visited this board, hah. But it's nice to know that he might be at least aware of its existence.

That really is a great arrangement Jack.

What program do you use if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. The horns are really bugging me. The notes are attacked so lightly that one doesn't get the correct sense of rhythm and urgency that I was after on first listen.

Anyway, I use a variety of programs, and sample libraries. The samples you're hearing are from EWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Timpani, Snare Drum, suspended cymbal, Flutes, Trombones, Basoon, Bass Clarinet, Tuba, sus strings).. and also you're hearing samples from Vienna Symphonic Library (the horns are from the Epic Horns set [i've used the performance legato sample here], the performance legato trumpets from Opus 1, and the tulubar bells).. Oh, the violin runs are from VSL Opus 1 as well.

I use Cubase SX 3 for sequencing (and mastering the mix), Kontakt 2 as my sampling engine, and Sibelius 4 for notation.

Jack you HAVE to do a simliar midi for Celebration Fanfare and the 3 other one that are true unreleased.

K.M.Serious again

Never heard of these either. Link me! lol

To King Mark,

Didn't they used to say "And the Winner is...." before "And the Oscar goes to....." back in the 80s?? So when you're using "And the Oscar goes to...CHARIOTS OF FIRE" it's actually incorrect. But who am I to correct his Majesty?

I can't believe how amazing the JWfan club theme is.Maybe Williams wrote a theme for himself.John's Theme.

BTW Jack Chapple that is the best MIDI I ever heard.The Prague Orchestra recording this would probably sound worse.You just need to polish off the ending instead of that odd fade out.

oh ,and Jack,after you do Celebration Fanfare can you re-record the complete Temple of Doom score?

K.M.

BTW Jack Chapple that is the best MIDI I ever heard.

That's probably because it's not really a MIDI. :D Usually MIDI files trigger the sounds in your computer's sound card, whereas Jack used VST software synths.

In any case, bravo Jack!

I'm sure if Williams actually took the time to read this board he would be horrified.....

He probably visited once but mistook this for a Jerry Goldsmith fan club website. Honestly, I think it's actually gotten better. Remember back around 1999-2003 when a monthly topic used to be something like "Who would you want to replace JW on the Star Wars movies if he slipped in the shower, cracked open his head on the faucet, and slowly bled to death tonght?" I was always worried he might see those kind of topics.

Dole

That is very cool, Jack Chapple. Now write a high strings B theme based on an inversion of that theme, over an A minor chord.

I had a little fun with this amazing theme. Here's my (Williams-esque) arrangement:http://blog.jackchapple.com/st00f/Williams%20Fan%20Theme.mp3

Damn, that sounded Williams! Very good, JackChapple. BTW, I can tell this little tune is from his Amazing Stories period (a style which also has been utilized for the main theme of Taken). Those were the days.

Alex

I'm sure if Williams actually took the time to read this board he would be horrified.....

He probably visited once but mistook this for a Jerry Goldsmith fan club website. Honestly, I think it's actually gotten better. Remember back around 1999-2003 when a monthly topic used to be something like "Who would you want to replace JW on the Star Wars movies if he slipped in the shower, cracked open his head on the faucet, and slowly bled to death tonght?" I was always worried he might see those kind of topics.

Dole

LOL

:D

They do. Later in the 90's a member orchestrated and was performed live in a all Williams concert they organized.

See now that's why they have their own theme and we don't.

Because they're better than we are.

Justin

No they are probably more civilized and don't have a message board that makes them seem like loony idiots to any outsider.

Plus I think they are actually organized and probably get together on a regular basis.

He did the horn and bells.

Luke who cant read music either, but thinks that several instruments use different pentagrams.

Williams simply wrote a melody. He hasn't given any harmony or instrumentation indications.