The OFFICIAL Movie Trailers Thread

Mr. Breathmask

New trailer for an upcoming film?

No longer any need to start a new thread or place it in the "Last Film You Watched" thread.

Post it here, and discuss.

Please, don't start dumping all kinds of old crap here, though, unless it's interesting enough to warrant some discussion.

- Marc, not a big fan of link-dumping, but quite a fan of movie trailers. :)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

New Spiderman 3 trailer

Does anyone else thinks it smells pretty bad.

the music tracks were blah,

the effects they showed were very amatuerish, very very amatuerish.

Sandman looks like the mummy in well, the mummy.

all in all another mediocre sequel to another mediocre sequel of a mediocre film.

Quite enjoyed the trailor.....the Venom symbioant is looking creepy as hell, however I have to agree with Joe in that some of the effects - particularly the ones of Spidey in action - look pretty poor....not as good as those in the first two movies I thought they's nailed it in Part II, but it seems it's back to jerky movements and crass landings.....

I'm still looking forward to it though, and as the third of a trilogy of archetypal comic-book movies (remember that's what they are, people) it looks set to carry the torch.....

the effects they showed were very amatuerish, very very amatuerish.

And I'm sure you can tell that from a computer screen ...

Isn't Venom supposed to be in this film?

yes I can, they were poor, they looked like cheap CGI,

Thru out the history of cinema there have been many good films with poor visuals and many poor films with good visuals.

The film is still 5-6 months away so maybe there will be some tweaking of the effects.

The Spiderman films, compared to the overated and bland Superman Returns, X-Men films and all the other supehero films to come our way, are second only to Superman (1978) and Tim Burton's first Batman as far as I'm concerned.

Batman Begins is superior to any Spiderman movie in every way, in my very humble opinion, and I 'll say the same for Hulk.

Well said, my friend. Well said.

Ted

I never really "got" Batman Begins. It's not that I didn't like it (I did), but I just didn't think it was quite as good as everyone was saying. Personally, I prefer Tim Burton's Batman. Maybe if I'd read any of the comics I'd think differently, but as it is, I find the 1989 film far more satisfying. I think Begins lacked a decent villain (Liam Neeson could have been, but he was underused and his death was very anticlimactic, IMO).

The Hulk was a terrible movie, in every way.

Batman Begins has its moments, but it was poorly directed in the action sequences. Nolan has no idea what he was doing. I think as mediocre as the Spidey movies are, they are better than these too

BTW, cool Garth Brooks avatar there Merkel.

like anyone was going to find this Marc, this is a stupid idea, unless you stick it up top.

I think the hand-to-hand combat sequences in Batman Begins have been largely misunderstood in their approach.

What do you mean? If they don't work, they don't work. You shouldn't be having to think about the meaning of a style of an action sequence at the same time as trying to figure out what the hell's going on.

The point they were trying to make about Batman in Batman Begins is that he's like a shadow, moving silently yet deadly. It is therefor logical that you see very little of him.

Although I will agree that the fight in the prison and the final Wayne/Ducard fight are a bit too tight, I thought the execution of Bats stalking the villains at the docks was brilliant.

If you're expecting a traditional comic book story with dark, powerful villains and a good-hearted hero, I can see why one would not like Batman Begins. But the film is not about that. Surprisingly enough, the action is the least focused on and least interesting element of the movie. Most superhero movies tend to structure their stories around action, but BB is essentially the other way around. The story is first. It's really a character drama under the veil of a superhero movie. It's superhero guise is like Bruce Wayne's persona in the film, whereas its character driven story is more like the dark knight he becomes. I found the movie to be unexpectedly complex, more about ideas of guilt, fear, and examining a society that sees everything as good and evil. The plot involving the villain was enough to really serve as the clothesline for the larger story, which Nolan reflects so well in the style of film. It's one of the best "superhero" films of all time because it deconstructs the idea of a superhero and really examines the ideas that have built it, all the while structuring a very good narrative. The only problem I had with it was the last shot, which undermined some of the faith I had in it. It may not kick up the adrenaline like some other action movies that depend on thrills, but it's sustained storytelling quality throughout is what's so good about it.

Ted

Bale was terrible as Batman, he was a lark.

He was quite good as Wayne though.

Oh and Ted, batman is a hero, not a superhero,

Batman Begins is a ** film out of *****

The point they were trying to make about Batman in Batman Begins is that he's like a shadow, moving silently yet deadly. It is therefor logical that you see very little of him.

Although I will agree that the fight in the prison and the final Wayne/Ducard fight are a bit too tight, I thought the execution of Bats stalking the villains at the docks was brilliant.

I agree, and I thought the dock scene was very effective, but I think that the later action scenes were done very badly, whatever the intent.

Bale was terrible as Batman, he was a lark.

Please explain further. One can't be a great hero overnight, you know. It will take time, and I'm sure with each subsequent film, you will see improvement. You see it as a weak performance, I see it is a very honest performance.

Oh and Ted, batman is a hero, not a superhero

Yes, you are correct. But it doesn't alter my argument; whether a hero or superhero, the film is out to deconstruct the notion; this is reflected in the character of Bruce Wayne as well as the film's execution and presentation of style.

Ted

The Hulk was crap. Shiny spiffy looking crap, but still crap.

I'm no huge fan of Batman Begins, but I'll take it over either of the vastly overrated Spidermans anyday.

And Mark, I was surprised to see you say Superman Returns is overrated. I thought it was generally not thought much of, and there are only a few of us out here who actually liked it.

Why don't people defend their opinions here? Please, John, explain why you think The Hulk is crap or what you're not a huge fan of Batman Begins or why the Spiderman films are vastly overrated.

Ted

Why don't people defend their opinions here? Please, John, explain why you think The Hulk is crap or what you're not a huge fan of Batman Begins or why the Spiderman films are vastly overrated.

Ted

So, what do I have to type up a whole paragraph or movie review every time I say something here now?

I was drug kicking and screaming to the theater by a friend to both Hulk and Spiderman and haven't bothered to watch them since so you'll forgive me if most of the details have been lost to time and more important or just plain nicer things filling up those corners of my brain. Neither story complelled me, the score in Spiderman in particular didn't do anything for me (I do remember a scene when Parker first starts climbing/jumping buildings and just dying to hear a big heroic theme and just getting, whatever it was), and all the comic book framing in The Hulk gave me a headache.

Now, Batman Begins was good, I'm just not as enamored with it as others. I love the cast (other than Katie Holmes) and the story itself was pretty good, a nice character journey. Maybe it's just my lack of interest in comic based movies.

Good enough now, Ted?

John- not trying to be rude but a twinge annoyed

You don't need to type a whole paragraph. I'm all for stating opinions, but an opinion doesn't do anyone any good unless one provides the smallest bit of reasoning concerning why he or she holds that opinion. I wasn't trying to be annoying at all; I apologize for doing so if I have.

Ted

Finally this thread is getting used.

Yes, now get your act together and ally with me so that we can defend the Spider-Man movies and, in the name of God, Batman Begins, too.

Superman Returns I have Joe for, and for Hulk there's Merkel.

-Ross, who sees very little in common with all these movies, and yet thinks they are all very interesting to watch. Well, Spider-Man and Superman are just entertaining, but my point is made.

Spidey 3 looks like fun. Overblown, but fun. Just like the first two.

Pity the crummy music edit that was in the teaser also made it into this one.

What's that roar? That sounded familiar. That's not Gojira, is it?

Oh, and lol at the Emo looks.

aglite21.jpg

BTW, cool Garth Brooks avatar there Merkel.

That is not Garth Brooks

sure looks like him.

The Thunder Rolls.

I am one of those people who likes all of the Batman films (not the Schumaker ones!) and all of the Spiderman films. I liked Superman Returns, but I don't think that it can be compared to Batman Begins. I'm split on Hulk, I really don't know what to think about it. I'm looking forward to Spiderman 3, and I don't really know why some of you guys are already bashing it.

Superman Returns was a much better movie than Batman Begins, first it has a soul, which BB did not, both are good looking movies, however.

That was one of the things I loved about Superman Returns, going with some real charater development over a bunch of action set pieces. I was never bored.

That, and the great references/homages to the original.

I genuinely dislike every bit of casting in Superman Returns. Both Lois and Clark are way too young. I think the Superman in this movie severely lacks a certain maturity that makes the audience respect him.

But the question remains: isn't Venom supposed to be in this film?

But the question remains: isn't Venom supposed to be in this film?

Cripes, yes he is.

Finally this thread is getting used.

Yes, now get your act together and ally with me so that we can defend the Spider-Man movies and, in the name of God, Batman Begins, too.

Let's do this.

I will say that I loved Batman Begins and Superman Returns, liked Hulk and Spider-Man. Of all of them I thought Spider-Man was the weakest but they're still enjoyable and Alfred Molina kicked so much ass in the second film.

Of course my major concern with movies these days is whether I enjoy them, which I guess is too simple for most people.

Really Fantastic Four is not too go either, but I am excited about the Rise of the Silver Surfer,

and love the possibility of Superman Return's sequel, Superman, Man of Steel.

A new Simpsons movie trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesimps...smovie/trailer/

A good ad campaign may be the sign of some inspiration the filmmakers have....I am still keeping my expectations very low, but this trailer is a step in the right direction, I think.