2 CD Edition of Goldsmith's ALIEN

Ollie

http://www.intrada.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1490

A 2 disc set. What could it be?

Is it the actual score plus LP release of some often requested title ala Alien or could a legit release of Broughton's Young Sherlock Holmes be coming up?

Perhaps they found the masters to Conan.

Family Plot, maybe? Although it's probably an expanded old score, if it's 2 CDs.

Polar Express?

Do they always have sudden floods of new score right before the holidays?

Sounds convincing! Although I don't buy scores anymore unless they are John Williams, James Newton Howard, and some Danny Elfman occasionally, as well as Ennio Morricone if the price and score is right. Aside from all those, I'll pick up the score or soundtrack every now and then to a movie I enjoyed.

I know, my point was that you left out Giacchino. :)

Although I don't buy scores anymore unless they are John Williams, James Newton Howard, and some Danny Elfman occasionally, as well as Ennio Morricone if the price and score is right. Aside from all those, I'll pick up the score or soundtrack every now and then to a movie I enjoyed.

I have no desire for a Incredibles complete score, I might not even buy it.

It appears to be Metalstorm by Richard Band - don't know it but the audio clips sound pretty good (very David Newman-esque) = http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT67...f?category=-101 - It's not a 2-CD set though, as initially reported.

If Intrada's access to the Universal vaults continues then we may eventually see a proper Back to the Future release?!

It appears to be Metalstorm by Richard Band - don't know it but the audio clips sound pretty good (very David Newman-esque) = http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.ACCT67...f?category=-101 - It's not a 2-CD set though, as initially reported.

I don't think this is it. they said they would be annoncing it on November 15th, and they wouldn't take orders until the 19th.

And like you said, it isn't a 2 CD set.

If Intrada's access to the Universal vaults continues then we may eventually see a proper Back to the Future release?!

Or Family Plot?!

I doubt that it's Back to the Future. Unless there are a ton of alternates and such that we don't know about, then it should fit comfortably on a single disc.

May be Star Trek the Motion Picture : with alternates material !!!

Not likely. Paramount controls that and Paramount is very stingy on what gets released. Sony had one hell of a hard time to even get the 20th Anniversary expanded set released because they kept getting the run-around from Paramount.

Is it the actual score plus LP release of some often requested title ala Alien

Hasn't it been established that this would fit on single CD, alternates and all?

Perhaps they found the masters to Conan.

Oh boy!

Is it the actual score plus LP release of some often requested title ala Alien

Hasn't it been established that this would fit on single CD, alternates and all?

I dunno, I was thinking LP presentation on one disc and actual film score on the second disc. Besides last we heard, Nick Redman said the Alien masters were missing. I was just using it as an example.

What if it's the complete score to The Incredibles (though I seriously doubt it)?

That would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it. There are too many classics to be expanded, remastered, or officially released for the first time. Especially from Williams or Goldsmith.

Another 2 c.d. deluxe expanded score to an obscure 60's movie no one has seen is released before we can get proper Indiana Jones releases.

I love how Ford Thaxton keeps telling us releasing 2 c.d. Williams expanded scores doesn't make any business sense.

You may not like how Ford handles things at times but he actually produces some of these CDs and probably knows what really sells.

Well I sometimes forget this is John Williams board.

Seriously though if I had to make a guess on what Intrada is going to release I would say it's either Young Sherlock Holmes, Masada or Conan.

Doug Fake mentioned that it going to be one that's finally available (legitimately) from brand newly-discovered elements and that he's a huge fan of it, on page 6 of the thread.

http://www.intrada.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...asc&start=0

I just like to see what people's wish lists are.

Well I sometimes forget this is John Williams board.

The problems releasing JW stuff are known. No reason to bitch about other music people want to hear every time something new comes out.

Besdes JW is well represented on CD. I think some people forget that most of Williams' current albums would be double LP's if we were still in the record era.

I still feel that the IJ scores will receive a major release, if they are expanded, and not limited in quantity. I could be wrong but you never know.

Hook, by all accounts might take 3 discs and might not be financially worth it, the Potter scores are still "new" and quite frankly if the labels thought they could make more money by offering complete scores they would probably do it.

People complain about LOTR receiving complete scores but I believe Shore and Jackson were also behind getting those released.

Williams doesn't seem to care whether or not expanded versions are issued.

That certainly sounds right. He's hardly been a big force in the release of his discography, aside from the (thankfully obligatory) OST release when the film comes out.

I would plotz if IJ, HOOk, or Potter get expanded treatment. But no reason to diss everything else because Paramount and Universal are difficult companies.

Well two poeple who worked on the previous Star Wars releases are responsible for this so why don't you drop them a letter voicing your displeasure.

I've had a hard time getting into Alien too, but I think I've got one of the crappy boots with the hacked up score. Sounds like a good addition to my slowly growing Goldsmith collection to me.

It's worth it, trust me.

If you're not a big fan of a composer (who writes good music) their music may be a little difficult to get into.

It took me some time when I started with Alex North.

This is huge news. Seriously, people- even with all the crap we've gotta put up with, soundtrack collectors are a pretty spoiled demographic. An amazing year for new editions, with Intrada firmly leading the pack. Bravo!