Will this Indiana Jones SCORE better than the previous ones?

Josh500

Will this Indiana Jones SCORE better than the previous ones?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. KotCS

• Hell yeah, this one will be the best!
    • Nope. The others are all classics. Not even JW can't beat them.
    • This will be better than RotLA.
    • This will be better than ToD.
    • This will be better than LC.
    • This will be better than RotLA and ToD.
    • This will be better than RotLA and LC.
    • This will be better than ToD and LC.

What do you think???

Pure conjecture, of course, but for me, it's No. 8. It will be better than the previous two Indy scores, but won't beat RotLA.

:lol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect that it will be just about on par with the others. I can't really choose between the current three and I expect KotCS will continue that trend. I certainly do hope so.

Unless this time off has really refreshed Williams I do not see him composing a score that's better than Raiders or TOD. It will probably be the same quality of LC, which is good but not great.

I don't know, but in all honesty I doubt it will beat any of the original three. I don't really see much wrong with that though. It doesn't have to be the best, just good.

if he scores it like his 3 HP scores that will be good,

if he scores it like Munich or Geisha that will be awful.

not I, I want the 74 to 84 John Williams, when he was great, not the JW of the past couple years who shows his decline.

All 3 Indiana Jones scores composed by John Williams that have been released thus far are exactly equally good!

They are just very different.

Our Grandedest Master is correct.

I expect it to rank last of the four, but that is nothing, nothing, to be ashamed of.

All 3 Indiana Jones scores composed by John Williams that have been released thus far are exactly equally good!

They are just very different.

Our Grandedest Master is correct.

I expect it to rank last of the four, but that is nothing, nothing, to be ashamed of.

I think KotCS will be just as great as the other 3, only different...

No, the previous three Indy scores are different from each other too! This new one will be in the same vein (reportedly), but still its own thing. That can only be a good thing...

it wasn't with Least Crusade, the weakest movie, the weakest score.

I thought most people here agreed (until some time ago) that ToD was the weakest movie.

I don't think LC is a bad movie... from the opening scenes with a teenage Indiana Jones to the Portuguese Coast to Venice to Switzerland to Berlin etc.... I think this movie rocks! (Not as good as RotLA, though!)

well LC was the worst reviewed film of the three. Siskel and Ebert were most unkind about the film, as it deserved.

Everything about the 3rd film shows a lack of enthusiasm.

Rather than be bold and different like TOD, LC plays it safe. HF sleepwalks through the role, only occasionally brightening up(towards the end of the film). JW's score is tired and less interesting than either of his previous two films.

Spielberg's direction is limpid. Technically this is the worst in Spielberg's film career, never has a SS film looked so bad, everything technical about this film is sloppy. From the terrible effects (Italian fighter, the zepplin, to Indy's leap of faith), to the retread of the desert chase from Raiders(only without the intensity, the drama, or the action). Did they even have anyone in charge of continuity? Should I even start on the lack of a decent central villian, or how the Nazi's were in essence the Keystone Cops. Thats not to say the film isn't watchable, it is, its even fun at times, and Sean Connery helps save the last act. But it irks me that the filmmakers think so little of the audience that they had to give us this dumbed down backstory in this first act featuring a terrible River Phoenix, to explain away and in essence destroy the Indy mythos. Its even more sickening that Rob Zombie used this film as a template for his remake of Halloween. "I wanted to explain why Michael is the way he is, much like Spielberg explained the way Indiana Jones is in his last Indiana Jones film." So much for leaving the audience guessing! Of course plebes will disagree. I didn't want this film made, but since it is I hope for the best but am prepared for the worst. I take heart in the fact that they continued to reject script after script in an effort to get it right, perhaps they have. I also take heart in that Spielberg had to make a concentrated effort to direct like he used to, and that he ordered his henchman Kaminski to swallow his pride for this film and photograph the film like the superior but late D. Slocombe would have done.

42 days...., 42 days and will know about the film, 40 days for the score, perhaps less, as there will likely be a listening party of this score no doubt

I'm with Joe on this. I don't dislike "Last Crusade," but it is hands-down the weakest of the three films. With the exception of a few outburts of energy, i.e. the tank chase, it's mostly a shell of Indiana Jones. There's no sense of threat, no mystical elements... only comedy. I like the stuff between him and his father, but everything else about the movie feels on autopilot.

For as many "flaws" that "Temple of Doom" may have, it at least feels like an Indy movie. It has blood in its veins. It definitely takes a few missteps and is a far cry from the wonderment of "Raiders of the Lost Ark," but there is a real sense of adventure about it that is mostly absent from "The Last Crusade."

Ted

Temple of Doom is a great movie, but occasionally it makes me want to throw up. I'm not talking about the gross-out humor, even.

yes Ted, now in this case it really is the least, and thats a good thing. Though I do love the stop animation of the villian aging

its pleasantly gory

well it was the LEAST gross of the 3 films

People was so disgusted/dissapointed with TOD that it took its toll on the franchise :)

EDIT: Oh damn, i thougt Gross mean boxoffice, now i see its somewhat a 'gore' synonym

I've always seen the Last Crusade as a kind of - "Hey, we can capture the Indy magic one more time, can't we? Hurrah!.....oh........well, never mind...we tried.....anyway, yes erm.........let's have a nice riding off into the sunset shot. That will solve everything", situation. They chose poorly. My instinct (I may be wrong) is that this new movie will do the same.

RotLA and LC are perfection, in my opinion (the former better than the latter, of course). ToD seems like a bad gross-out nightmare... the main action takes place during a single night, too!