Okay, okay, is THIS the KOTCS score? New Music!

crumbs

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds feasible...there is a definate russian hint to proceedings here - and it sounds like complex JW action cue stuff with the hits and the brass build towards the end....

Plus it sounds like a big orchestra - which narrows it down a lot these days....

While the end is very similar to the Matrix motif, it's not from any of the Matrix scores. I can assure you of that.

Ted

While the end is very similar to the Matrix motif, it's not from any of the Matrix scores. I can assure you of that.

Ted

Well, if it isn't Williams, i still would like to know what it is :cool:

Sounds like Horner around the time he wrote "Pagemaster"....

The notes sound perfectly 'Indy', with an exotic twist, but the recording doesn't sound like any Williams score from the last decade. It sounds like McNeely, for some reason. A slightly smaller orchestra, or something.

I think it sounds very Williams-esque. I wouldn't be surprised if it's genuine, especially given the circumstances of so much info about the film leaking recently. Something about it seems right...

Then again I'm being very optimistic.

Ted

I think it's fake. It doesn't sound like pure Williams, it might be something from Young Indy or some other movie. However, I wouldn't mind if it was from KotCS after all.

FYI I was told this is NOT I repeat NOT from the Indy 4 score but the piece in question is called "Russia Gets The Bomb" from Trinity and Beyond by William Stromberg.

Shouldn't this be in the "Official Indy 4 Score Thread"?

Sorry, I just thought the first new piece of Williams music in 29 months was a slightly big deal on a John Wiliams fan message board.

FYI I was told this is NOT I repeat NOT from the Indy 4 score but the piece in question is called "Russia Gets The Bomb" from Trinity and Beyond by Williams Stromberg.

So it IS really by >>>Williams<<<. :cool:

link removed

Here's the original Prokofiev track from Ivan. This so called Indy 4 piece is shameless rip off. Whoever wrote this really has no shame.

link removed

Here's the original Prokofiev track from Ivan. This so called Indy 4 piece is shameless rip off. Whoever wrote this really has no shame.

I believe that Stromberg's cue was to be an homage to the Prokofiev's classic since it dealed with russian stuff.

That piece is not from IJ IV as Vosk stated.

It's from William Stromberg and John Morgan's delightful score to Trinity And Beyond, The Atomic Bomb Movie.

It's not a shameful rip-off, there are quite a few tip of the hats to some of the Golden Age greats.

I recommend that you give the entire score a listen,it's well worth it. It can be bought at most soundtrack on-line retailers.

But it's not from IJ IV.

and if you get a chance to see that movie it is terrific fun.

Yes I forgot to mention that. Actually I have the 5 disc DVD set that contains the other 4 shorter documentaries.

It includes Trinity in widescreen, although I believe it's only 16 x 9 (1.85:1)

Mark, its been awhile since I've seen it and I know there is another documentary about the bomb, does Trinity talk about the tests in the Atlantic ocean as well, I just don't remember.

I don't remember either. I know there is one test right after Hiroshima that takes place out at sea but I think it's the Pacific ocean.

Here is the breakdown of the DVD box set, the other films are shorter, around 60 mins each.

https://2695682486.monstercommercesites.com...&ProdID=458

Great, I'll have to check that out. I've always wanted to buy something by Morgan and Stromberg (their original work). What's better, this or Starship Troopers 2?

That piece is not from IJ IV as Vosk stated.

It's from William Stromberg and John Morgan's delightful score to Trinity And Beyond, The Atomic Bomb Movie.

It's not a shameful rip-off, there are quite a few tip of the hats to some of the Golden Age greats.

I recommend that you give the entire score a listen,it's well worth it. It can be bought at most soundtrack on-line retailers.

But it's not from IJ IV.

I don't know about the full score, but that excerpt is a rip off. There's no way to look at it. It's not an homage, it's not the emulation of a style, it's a copy paste job.

Shouldn't this be in the "Official Indy 4 Score Thread"?

Do you see how many people keep pointing out they don't think it's Williams? They read the title and enough few posts to grab the link, make an opinion, then make a reply to put in their two cents. Somewhere in the unread posts in the middle is the truth, the confirmation about not being Williams but William Stromberg, but they don't read it.

Not saying I'm not guilty of it myself. I'm one of the biggest hypocrites I personally know.

This is only (so far) a two page post. Tack this into an "official" thread, and now the truth becomes lost in the mire of 37 and a half parallel conversations that all twist and weave in a convoluted mess. Yes they are tied together by relevance into once neat subject header, but make it more than five pages and it becomes even harder to follow.

That's why it stands alone as its own post.

It ain't Williams but it's good.

I just got my 'mouse' on the full release and there's some superb music here.

Yes there is.