Who wants to have Indiana Jones 5 in the future?

Josh500

Who wants to have Indiana Jones 5 in a few years?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Indiana Jones and the ???

• God yes!
    • God no!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the 4th and believe it earns its place among the previous three, but I don't want another one. They clearly won't do better than this, so it can only be worse.

Give them another 19 for development and Shia will be in his forties. But I wouldn't expect Ford, Spielberg, Lucas and Williams.

Karol

The fourth one was a great movie, but no, it's time. They probably shouldn't have made Indy IV, being that the LC had a great series end. I'm glad they did make Indy 4, but another one would be pushing it just a little too much.

Directors seriously suffer from not knowing when to cut things off and end things anymore.

Only a prequel to IV would work. A married indy doesnt be the type to go for adventures. And bring the family aong to the adventure? too corny.

Sometime between 1950 and 1956.

I wouldnt mind to see Shortround as his sidekick.

Ekhm....Harrison Ford isn't getting any younger. :rolleyes:

Karol

you dont age much in 5 years.

And the movie could be made in two years from now.

BTW you can see and older, bulkier Harrison in TOD :lol:

Its not new to the franchise

Seriously, I doubt that another Indy would be made.

But, of course, if KotCS made 1 billion worldwide, they most certainly will do Indy 5 and 6 and possibly 7! :lol:

Surely with the collective talent and imagination of Speilberg and Lucas, they could come up with a new idea for a project. It just seems that these are guys at the top of the business, could do anything they want, why are they contributing to a Hollywood ripe with sequels? I say they should move on and do something different. Start a new sci-fi franchise or something if they want something to entertain the masses.

- Adam

Surely with the collective talent and imagination of Speilberg and Lucas, they could come up with a new idea for a project. It just seems that these are guys at the top of the business, could do anything they want, why are they contributing to a Hollywood ripe with sequels? I say they should move on and do something different. Start a new sci-fi franchise or something if they want something to entertain the masses.

- Adam

You know, I agree with you, albeit only in part.

You see, what you said there is just one opinion. Don't forget that many people (including me) wanted Indy 4 to happen. Like Spielberg said, he made this one for the fans.

I think we are going to have Videogames and novels that explain his WWII adventures.

Indiana Jones and the Medal of Honor

Finally Giacchino will get to score an indy game :lol:

I agree. I'm definitely open to the possibility, I really hope KOTCS does extremely well, but I'm not at either extreme just yet. KOTCS ended in such a way that it could end there, but I'm actually going, "You know what? Maybe one more time." As good as they did with making it Indiana Jones, I also think it would also help to give a little more context in the series to have two entries in the 21st century instead of just the one. I'm definitely leaning more to the yes side than the no. Just work on the pacing a bit for the fifth one. :rolleyes:

Nah. Though I said the same thing about Indy 4 for years. :rolleyes:

But at the same time, I think that Indy's WWII adventures are ripe for picking some great stories, though they couldn't be movies for ovbious reasons. I'm not sure Indy would translate too well in novel form. Video games?

Let Indy die?

How could you? :rolleyes:

I liked KotCS enough for it to have been worth making, but unless they go in a radically new direction, i.e. Lucas' suggestion of making Mutt the central character, I don't think they should do another one.

I decided to vote yes, but only assuming Indy will still be the main character. KotCS was a knock-out film, IMO. I feel sorry for those who don't see the light.

I liked KotCS enough for it to have been worth making, but unless they go in a radically new direction, i.e. Lucas' suggestion of making Mutt the central character, I don't think they should do another one.

My experience with this movie was that Mutt was more of the central character than Indy. He's the one getting everyone out of scrapes and getting the majority of the screen time during the action sequences. Indy is a back seat passenger for most of this movie and not the take charge character he once was.

Neil

And despite all that, I hardly felt LaBeouf's presence in the film. He had some good moments in the first half, but I don't remember much of him in the second half. Maybe it's because he was computer generated most of the time. Only Harrison Ford's performance (the best he could do with the script he was handed) stuck with me.

I would very much like another Indy movie, provided that it doesn't have an overkill of Mutt and Marion. Indiana Jones 5 should be an INDY film. If it is, I'd very much look forward to it.

In Indy 6, Bridget Jones turns out to be Indy's great granddaughter.

Indy 6 would probably take place in the year 2012. :lol:

And War of the Worlds is actually an Indy sequel too. The aliens come back for punishing men for stealing the Crystal Skull. Lucas an Spielberg had worked this out a long time ago already.

Just wait, Lucas will find someway to combine Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Even though Dark Horse Comics already did that with a little short story.

Well if they could write a novel to combine Star Trek: The Next Generation with the X-Men, if only to have Xavier meet Picard and compare bald heads, then alas, any crossover event is possible.

While "a long time ago" could be fifty years ago, Star Wars meeting Indiana Jones would undermine the credibility of "a galaxy far, far away" (as if SW has any credibility left after inventing midichlorians).

Now if the "space between spaces" is timeless and could be used to traverse the expanse between our galaxy and Yoda's...crap...

I'd rather see Indiana Jones get its own Lego game, a Samurai Jack cartoon show, a live-action show, and a CGI movie. Two down, two to go.