The single piece of music I hate the most

King Mark

here,the choral piece in last third of the trailer for The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

http://www.robcohenthemummy.com/video.php

what is it called? I want to know the name of this piece of music I despise.

K.M.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If these are in chrono order, than it would be the second to last one, which would be "The Cell" by Groove Addicts. But I don't know if they are, and I couldn't find The Mummy listed in their trailers to cross-check.

I was just able to find The Mummy trailer music listing, but none of the pieces are the same as the Narnia ones, though the two pieces in The Mummy were both written by people who wrote music for the Princes Caspian trailer.

So, in other words, I have no clue.

Hmm, I don't really hate any music, since that is a strong word to describe how one feels about something and music is hardly worthy of it's use. I dislike that music, but I don't hate or despise it, because that would be a total waste of a very powerful emotion. There are far more obvious targets for hatred, other than that crummy piece of music.

I don't hate or despise it, because that would be a total waste of a very powerful emotion.

Exclusively reserved for moments of delicious revenge aye, Quint? :(

(which I hear is a dish best served cold.............................apparently)

I tire of any sort of power anthem that's used over trailers and (especially) sporting events on T.V..

I think TNT was playing Pirates of the Carribean again during the Open yesterday. :shakehead:

here,the choral piece in last third of the trailer for The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

http://www.robcohenthemummy.com/video.php

what is it called? I want to know the name of this piece of music I despise.

K.M.

It seems to be influenced by E.S. Posthumes' "Pompeii" from his Unearthed album. I think it was first heard in the original Spider-Man trailers... however, who ever worte the trailer music for the Mummy trailer has no drum kit and more chorus... but it's basically the same sort of piece.

-Erik-

I tire of any sort of power anthem that's used over trailers and (especially) sporting events on T.V..

I think TNT was playing Pirates of the Carribean again during the Open yesterday. :shakehead:

To me that music just cheapens the moment. Of course the whole pre-game entertainment aspect of sporting events, especially for Allstar and championship/playoff games is starting to get ridiculous.

I think I remember hearing it in the Narnia trailers.

yes!

when the water monster pops up

The part that really gets on my nerves is right near the end in the "fast cut segment" just before fading to black and showing us a glimpse of the dragon

I prefer this track to the use of pop songs in trailers (sometimes it works, like Catch Me If You Can). When I saw TDK, more than half the trailers had pop songs in them.

On a sidenote, it seems like the SFX of this film will still suck, much like the other two.

I prefer this track to the use of pop songs in trailers (sometimes it works, like Catch Me If You Can). When I saw TDK, more than half the trailers had pop songs in them.

On a sidenote, it seems like the SFX of this film will still suck, much like the other two.

the 1st didnt sucked... the 2nd was just more of the same.

I was reminded of video games when watching the first two. The Mummy himself looked pretty good, the rest of the SFX sucked. And don't say it's an old film--TPM and AI came out when those films did, and they both have pretty good SFX, even by today's standards.

I was reminded of video games when watching the first two. The Mummy himself looked pretty good, the rest of the SFX sucked. And don't say it's an old film--TPM came out when those films did, and they both have pretty good SFX, even by today's standards.

You have to compare it with other SFX movies from other companies in the same year, and specially not with Lucas' or Spielberg's movies on the same year, who get always the best technicians.

I was reminded of video games when watching the first two. The Mummy himself looked pretty good, the rest of the SFX sucked. And don't say it's an old film--TPM and AI came out when those films did, and they both have pretty good SFX, even by today's standards.

The Mummy had very decent special effects created by ILM's B-Team.

And because the first film was not done on a huge budget they were used fairly sparingly, only when they were really needed.

Good film, btw.

You have to compare it with other SFX movies from other companies in the same year, and specially not with Lucas' or Spielberg's movies on the same year, who get always the best technicians.

Apparently not for Last Crusade.

Other than the guy in the tank going off the cliff, what SFX were bad?

Other than the guy in the tank going off the cliff, what SFX were bad?

The entire escape from the Blimp sequence with the airplanes was awful.

I think they may have wanted to push the SFX to the limits and it failed or not meet its expectations.

I keep readig people complaining about the zeppelin shot. I cant see what is wrong with it, appart from not being actual superrealistic cool CGI.

What is what you call Bad CGI in Indy IV, koray? I hope its not Cringing chipmunks and monkeys because yes are cringing, but for whatthey do not how they are done.

I hope TDK improved, because BB had awful effects.