Star Wars the force Unleashed Promo

King Mark

I like how the review of Griskey's score gives it such high praises, even though it's a na-na-na-na-na-na article. Since it admits that we basically won't be able to listen to it, since the promo score won't get a commercial release. :)

However, if an XBox 360 disc is very similar to a PC game disc, would it not be possible to extract the music from the 360? I don't own a 360, but I do own a Wii, and since Force Unleashed is one of the reasons I bought a Wii, I will be getting it in about a month, but I don't know jack about Wii games in a PC.

With a PS3 or a XBOX360, connected via line-in with a computer, and if this as all other Lucasarts games, you will be able to low the SFX and VOICE to zero, and only hear music. Then you can record it with any recording program in the PC.

With so many versions of the game, they maybe worth checking, since some cues may only appear on some of them...

The promo in question is only 27 minutes long when it was said that there'd be 2 hours of music recorded. It's only had the one review online as far as I know, but maybe there'll be more when the game comes out. Unfortunately the game's not being released on PC, that'd be the best bet to get the music.

They say NOW it's not being released on PC. They said the same thing about GTA IV, which hits PCs in November. Patience.

What Luke proposes would work, but seems so primitive. That's like recording CDs or iTunes on your computer by looping the speaker output directly into the line in. But that'd work for any video game where you can adjust sound and music independently.

What Luke proposes would work, but seems so primitive. That's like recording CDs or iTunes on your computer by looping the speaker output directly into the line in. But that'd work for any video game where you can adjust sound and music independently.

It's the only way it can be done if the music files cannot be oppened with any program.

And most 'gamerips' are done that way.

No, I have every intention of either renting the 360 game and putting it in my computer; putting my Wii disc into my computer; or hooking my Wii sound up to my computer, turning off the sound, and trying to not have my character die while I record hours and hours of gameplay audio.

Some computer projects require beer to become more enjoyable. This sounds like one of them.

No, I have every intention of either renting the 360 game and putting it in my computer; putting my Wii disc into my computer; or hooking my Wii sound up to my computer, turning off the sound, and trying to not have my character die while I record hours and hours of gameplay audio.

Some computer projects require beer to become more enjoyable. This sounds like one of them.

The ROTS expanded soundtrack was made this way. you make it sound as it was not worth doing.

the RotS WAS made that way,but the files were cracked to have direct access to them .Recording from the game directly has some slight hiss or distortions

the RotS WAS made that way,but the files were cracked to have direct access to them .Recording from the game directly has some slight hiss or distortions

I dont remember that. In fact many tracks were looped and you had to get the corrent segment, and nobody said anything about a program that could read the files. I would have liked that since i own the game.

And iremember swift changes into another cue, or 'death' music. so yer i believe it was recorded during gameplay. Henry Buck has the final word since he was the one who recorded them...IIRC.

Not at all, it just sounds really time consuming, because the 2 hours of music won't be played in one two hour segment. Small portions will be looped in their specific levels of the game, even if the iMuse-style varying music typical of older LucasArts games is employed.

That, and my Wii is downstairs in the living room, and my preferred computer for sound recording is upstairs.

Depends on your Soundcard.. I have one where you can record analogue without any hiss addition atall..

and the complete Legend of Zelda twilight princess aoundtrack I have at home (it fills up 6CDs!), was done by two fans who maged to crack the Wii DVD and hack the soundbanks which contined the music only.. in perfect quality, without soundeffects....If there is demand, then there are ways..

also GTA IV .. there NEVER was a doubt that this will be released for the PC.. but the producers never announced a PC version neither did they say there won't be one. They said nothing BUT

The producers of TFU officially stated that there will NEVER be a PC version. TFU wont see the light on pc thats for sure.

Depends on your Soundcard.. I have one where you can record analogue without any hiss addition atall..

No it was the game in this case .The result of the music beeing mixed into the game introduced artifacts even if you mute everything else.That is why we wanted true cracked files in the first place.

I have a Creative X-Fi ,the best soundcard out there, there it no hiss in recordings if the source is clean.

I dont remember that. In fact many tracks were looped and you had to get the corrent segment, and nobody said anything about a program that could read the files. I would have liked that since i own the game.

And iremember swift changes into another cue, or 'death' music. so yer i believe it was recorded during gameplay. Henry Buck has the final word since he was the one who recorded them...IIRC.

Yeah, I recorded all the stuff in game and got almost everything. Then lordskylark cracked the XBox files, which were a little higher in quality (less crackling). Unfortunately, he didn't do it exactly right because the last second or so of every looped file was cut off, meaning the PC recordings I did were still necessary to complete the music.

I can live without TFU on PC since I've got a Wii. And if someone cracked one game on Wii, hopefully that means another game could be cracked as well.

That is, assuming once I get Fallout 3, I'll have time to play TFU.

and the complete Legend of Zelda twilight princess aoundtrack I have at home (it fills up 6CDs!), was done by two fans who maged to crack the Wii DVD and hack the soundbanks which contined the music only.. in perfect quality, without soundeffects....If there is demand, then there are ways..

That's interesting, especially when considering many LucasArts games were built on elaborate frameworks which were used for whole lines of games - that's how all those adventure game scores were ripped, the SCUMM/iMuse system was used for them and you could use the same tool to extract all the sounds from all those games. Perhaps something similar will pop up for Force Unleashed eventually.

I just hope I finish university before the Wii version comes out here...

Hey guys.. just got back home and started playing the PS3 Version...well the demo and:

It is possible to set the volume of SFX and Dialogue to Zero so that you only hear the music! :blink:

and with the HDMI/Optical out of the PS3 it won't be very hard to record the score in perfect quality!

but what I have heard by now isn't that spectacular .. the in the beginning you hear something ripped of the AOTC mystery theme and the DemoLevel features some nice chords plus the imperial march but its nothing special I would say

but again I haven't paid full atention to it yet.. but according to the online music review this should be more spectacular than the prequel scores.. well it sounds like a nice gamescore but its nowhere near Episode I

EDIT: It contains unreleased.. (well released through other SW games though) music from Revenge of the Sith: "Get 'Em R2"

well maybe there is more!

It is possible to set the volume of SFX and Dialogue to Zero so that you only hear the music! :blink:

and with the HDMI/Optical out of the PS3 it won't be very hard to record the score in perfect quality!

Woot!

EDIT: It contains unreleased.. (well released through other SW games though) music from Revenge of the Sith: "Get 'Em R2"

now that is interesting .with any luck that complete unreleased portion of Anakin's Dark deeds ,yoda's departure,be careful of your friend

Hey guys.. just got back home and started playing the PS3 Version...well the demo and:

It is possible to set the volume of SFX and Dialogue to Zero so that you only hear the music! :lol:

but what I have heard by now isn't that spectacular .. the in the beginning you hear something ripped of the AOTC mystery theme and the DemoLevel features some nice chords plus the imperial march but its nothing special I would say

but again I haven't paid full atention to it yet.. but according to the online music review this should be more spectacular than the prequel scores.. well it sounds like a nice gamescore but its nowhere near Episode I

You have a PS3? Cool.

Streaming? Bahaha. You can rip the whole thing with a downloading plug-in like DownloadHelper for Firefox.

wow,I didn't know about that .I was doing it the long way . So it's steaming in 192k ,good enough for me.

K.M.Who took a few minutes to figure out how the pluggin works

Well, I certainly like the music. My impression is that it's too short and only offers a glimpse at how good the full score might be. As Griskey has said in interviews, the score begins like the prequels and end like the original trilogy. In fact, Griskey gets Williams' style down really well, so well that you don't hear as much of his original voice as you did in Knights of the Old Republic II, which is unfortunate. In terms of the Williams themes, there are some great renditions of the Force theme and the Imperial March. The Rebel Fanfare is in there, and "PROXY and the Skyhook" makes an extended reference to "The Battle of Yavin." "Juno Eclipse and Finale" is clearly meant to lead right into the Star Wars end title. I might actually edit it in, just because without the end title it leaves you hanging. The last track is just a worthless piece of source music by Jesse Harlin.

A surprisingly solid listen. I can't say Griskey does anything particularly interesting with Williams's themes, but he doesn't mangle them, either. Based on the selections, I'm not as enthusiastic as Coleman is, but I can see where he's coming from. Griskey makes a clear effort to connect with the original trilogy sound that Williams, for better or for worse, all but left behind in the bulk of his prequel writing.