Best John Williams Release of the Year

indy4

Best John Williams Release of the Year  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Best John Williams Release of the Year

• The Blue Box (ONLY the remastered Superman: The Movie and the new themes from Superman IV)
    • The Accidental Tourist
    • Cinderella Liberty
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (OST)
    • How To Steal A Million / Bachelor Flat
    • The Duo Concertante

Note: A vote for the Blue Box is a vote for the remastered Superman: The Movie and the themes JW wrote for Superman IV, and NONE OF THE OTHER MATERIAL

It has been a pretty good year for JW releases. I decided to split up the Indy boxset, as that would have been the clear winner otherwise. I know I would have voted for it were it together.

Now, I think I'll vote for KotCS OST.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this poll is rather silly since you seperated the Indy box and only added two scores from the Blue Box.

But the Blue Box still wins hands down bcause of the production values that are included.

Yeah, the poll should just be Blue Box vs. Indy box vs. the rest.

They both have their advantages. The Blue Box is certainly the better quality release but most of it has been previously available. The Indy box, despite its flaws, has given us something we've been dreaming of for years- expanded ToD and LC.

The Blue Box is certainly the better quality release but most of it has been previously available.

I'm not sure that's entirely true actually. While Superman might be something of a re-release, not a single not of Superman IV or Superman: The Animated Series has ever been released before. That's three whole discs of previously unreleased material right there! Not to mention the new bits from Superman II and Superman III.

The Blue Box is certainly the better quality release but most of it has been previously available.

I'm not sure that's entirely true actually. While Superman might be something of a re-release, not a single not of Superman IV or Superman: The Animated Series has ever been released before. That's three whole discs of previously unreleased material right there! Not to mention the new bits from Superman II and Superman III.

True enough, but those don't come close to competing with the unreleased ToD or LC cues IMO though.

The Duo Concertante.

This post is more worth than anything I have read by Joey in the time I am here.

They just don't care. That's all.

But this is called John Williams fannetwork isn't it??

how can they not care for a new piece?

naah nevermind, everyone shall do what he likes to do.. I just find it sad. but I find it great that I can see that world beyond.

You seem rather angry today, MissPadme....

Anyways, I am not sure if I should vote, as I am not familiar with half of the choices, but I would probably say "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" ( I am rather interested in hearing "Duo Concertante", though).

Crystal Skull for me. I'll always take a new score over a rerelease, no matter how tasty the rerelease is.

Why's that?

Because that's how I roll, I guess. Why would I care more about a score I've already got than I would about a score I don't have (assuming the quality of the new one is even vaguely comparable)?

I bought 'em all, so I guess that's what really matters. Except "Duo Concertante"; I haven't been able to afford that one yet.

Well, the Blue Box is of course amazing, but since this is a poll about Williams scores, and not other people's scores using his themes, I voted for TOD. We already had everything from Superman except some alternates, while we went from having 40 minutes of TOD to 86. Sure, with KOCS we got 78 minutes of a complete new score, but TOD just blows it out of the water.

Well, the Blue Box is of course amazing, but since this is a poll about Williams scores, and not other people's scores using his themes, I voted for TOD. We already had everything from Superman except some alternates, while we went from having 40 minutes of TOD to 86. Sure, with KOCS we got 78 minutes of a complete new score, but TOD just blows it out of the water.

Yep, pretty much.

Or maybe, just maybe the piece isn't as good as the scores mentioned?????? Not everything Williams does is great.

Just a thought.................

Or maybe, just maybe the piece isn't as good as the scores mentioned?????? Not everything Williams does is great.

It's not as good, it's even better. But tastes on this board have very little to do with quality. And this poll is about opinions after all.