• Sleepers (1996)
    • Rosewood (1997)
    • Seven Years In Tibet (1997)
    • Amistad (1997)
    • Stepmom (1998)
    • Saving Private Ryan (1998)
    • Angela's Ashes (1999)

Home Alone 1 & 2, Jurassic Park 1 & 2, and The Phantom Menace are excluded

I think this will be the one with the most amount of votes spread... and not because there are almost twice as much to pick from as the other decades, but because there are a lot of member's favorite scores in here.

For me its HOOK all the way, but I can see at least many of these scores getting some decent votes

As always, you are voting on the ENTIRE score, not just whatever portions have been officially released.

70s Poll

80's Poll

00's Poll

Hook and Schindler's List are the only score on this poll that I own, so out of those two, Schindler's List, though I hate having to make the choice between these two great scores. I have to say that I am making my judgement solely on the original album releases, though.

The Schindler's List OST is very close to complete (though horribly arranged, track order wise).

HOOK is probably the one non-SW JW score that I really feel the expanded score is necessary to appreciate the score. Even though the HOOK OST is lengthy, and has pretty much all of the important cues, everything not included is also very good and the full score tells such a great complete story. Heck, there's an entire theme that doesn't appear on the OST at all

Schindler's List, though you could argue that it is a "blockbuster" in a way. It made a lot of money for a film of its kind, won a lot of Oscars including score and is beloved by many here on the board. For the purposes of this poll, I would have excluded it.

Damn, Schindler's List is really running away with this one. its funny, I didn't even think to exclude it, because for me, its not a score I've listened to more than once and twice. HOOK on the other hand, i almost excluded cause its, for me, JW's best score. But its only gotten 3 votes!

Ooooh, good call! I made a boo boo!

OK I added it now

And looking at the poll results, I should have excluded Hook AND Schindler's List to make this more interesting...

Sabrina

Hook

Angelas Ashes

Nixon

Schindlers List

I love you :P

Mine:

1) Sabrina

2) Hook

3) Schindler's List

4) JFK

5) Far and Away

Jason, Saving Private Ryan doesn't belong on this list, it made over 200 million dollars which means its officially a blockbuster.

thats strictly besided the point that the score is very mediocre.

I kinda wish Hook wasn't included, just because there are so many other worthy scores I'd like to give credit to. Far and Away, Sabrina, Amisted, and Angela's Ashes are particular favorites.

JFK, followed closely by Stepmom. (Just as a note, I like to distinguish between favorite and best, meaning that I may be more attached to a particular score that I find less musically accomplished than another score.)

It's somewhat impossible for me to pick just one. Again, all of these scores contain at least one or two GREAT moments.

However, if I would be forced to choose, I'd go with Schindler's List. It's Williams at his most heartfelt.

Hook gets so many votes, but I wonder how many here who voted for it actually listen to it regularly...

I think I haven't listened to Hook in over a year or so. I listened to Schindler's List only last week.

I still listen to HOOK regularly. Especially since I got a new unmentionable and discovered a cue for a deleted scene within, and also cause I've been working making a good complete ultimate war edit

I don't listen to it as regularly as I used to. Frankly I don't like it as much as I used to, but it's still one of my favorites.

• 14 years later...

Very difficult, since all of these are winners, and all from my favourite JW decade, and all from my formative decade, personally. If you had asked me 10 years ago, I would probably have said HOOK. But these days, it's ANGELA'S ASHES.