The JWFan Goodwill Thread

I've been thinking about this for a while and eventually thought, what the hell, let's try it and see if anyone likes the idea. You know how everytime you go to a CD Exchange or thrift store and see a John Williams CD for a dollar your heart always skips a beat, even if it's a CD you already own? Well, here's a chance for you to act on it! The idea is that you buy the CD (maximum price one dollar, or whatever your local equivalent is), and then mention it on this thread. If any impoverished JWFans say they want it, you mail it to them. There is no obligation on their part, and they don't have to pay for it. That means they get a CD for free, and you've paid a dollar for the CD plus the minimum cost of postage. Hence "goodwill", see? Who knows, maybe someone else will list a CD here that you'd like!

Anyway, I'll start the whole thing going. If it doesn't take off it really doesn't matter that much, I just thought if we all keep our eyes open for cheap Williams CDs we can help each other complete our collections pretty quickly.

Today I picked up "Catch Me If You Can" on CD for a dollar. It's in great shape. If anyone wants it PM me your address and I'll send it to you free of charge.

(P.S. I didn't put this in the Trading Board as no trade is involved.)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea, and I do now somewhat regret that I didn't pick up the JW "Dracula" I saw on the shelves in London today for £1.50....

OK - ya got me - I didn't really....

Still, nice idea and I shall be on the lookout....bargain bins seem to be a thing of the past in the UK as far as CD's are concerned, but I will raid what I see.....

A very nice idea. I'll have to check my thrift shops. The cheapest JW CDs I find at the used CD store are $5.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone finds Dracula for that price Greg. For years I kep seeing JFK for a dollar, and that's supposed to be quite hard to find. I never bought it as I already owned it. Of course now I've started this thread I'll probably never see JFK for a buck again!

Hedji, it's up to you what you spend on CDs for the Goodwill, but I set my personal limit at a dollar. I didn't expect people to go out and spend a fortune on this, but if you happen to find something really cheap, why not?

Great idea pixie, although I also think £1 is a bit low. Particularly in these times.

And yes, even if you already own something, it's still cool to see it on the shelf :angry: I'm planning to go up to London maybe next Saturday to several branches of some music exchange, so I'll pick up anything good I find going cheap.

BTW, if anyone wants the Wild Wild West song compilation (bought for £1 from a clueless ebayer), it's theirs :P

Wow pixie, that's incredibly generous. Can't say I'll be contributing (I sort of classify as 'impoverished' -- not really) but it's nice to know there are others in the world willing to do stuff like this. :angry:

Really? There's a couple affordable CE's on Amazon Marketplace...

I got mine a couple years ago, so the value must have gone down.

Woah, thanks for the link, Koray! Assuming supplies last after my month of Danny Elfman, I am totally buying that.

If anyone is interested I have a bunch of CDs, a few Williams, that I was going to send to SAE.

Most of them are original releases that have been replaced by expanded albums or just some I don't want anymore.

If anyone is interested I can list them and if you want one I will send you the CD at no charge.

Yey! Well my CMIYC CD has been snatched up! I don't think we should limit it to Williams CDs. If you have anything you don't want, or find anything nice at the Exchange post it up here.

And Tharpdavenport, the idea is to "give" it away. I'm not trying to start up a JWFan version of Amazon Marketplace! I just thought we could help each other out. With so many of us visiting so many different CD Exchanges we are bound to find lots of dollar CDs that might interest people here.

If anyone is interested I have a bunch of CDs, a few Williams, that I was going to send to SAE.

Most of them are original releases that have been replaced by expanded albums or just some I don't want anymore.

If anyone is interested I can list them and if you want one I will send you the CD at no charge.

A list would be good thanks ;)

Ok, these are some of the albums. All of these are the original releases:

Basil Poledouris

Robocop - Original Varese

Jerry Goldsmith

Twilight Zone The Movie - Original Album

Alien - Original Silva Album

The Wind And The Lion

Damien Omen II - Original Silva Album

Poltergeist II - Original Intrada 30 min album

James Horner

How The Grinch Stole X-Mas

Hansy

The Lion King

John Barry

From Russia With Love

Misc.

Rhythm Of The Prideland

Charlie Brown Christmas - original album

I wouldn't mind having Legends Of The Fall, Mark. And damn you Drax for taking The Fury! ;)

Actually, scratch that. I'm not really interested, and it's only $7 on Amazon new. I don't want to waste your money on shipping.

I choose...

The Great Escape

The Fury

Cassandra Crossing

The Wind and the Lion

Courage Under Fire

Deep Impact

Twister

Speed

You have chosen...poorly.

I wouldn't mind having Legends Of The Fall, Mark. And damn you Drax for taking The Fury! ;)

Actually, scratch that. I'm not really interested, and it's only $7 on Amazon new. I don't want to waste your money on shipping.

I'm offering it so whatever interests you.

Koray beat you to it, sorry. ;)

If anyone is interested and to save clogging this thread just PM me. I will keep adding scores to the list already posted and also mark the discs as not available as I get rid of them.

I'm taking PM's in the order I receive them. First come, first serve.

I will not send you any files or burn CD-Rs so don't ask.

I have an extra TPM: Ultimate Edition that I won from Sony a few years back. If anyone in the U.S. wants it they can PM me. [Edit: No longer available]

Haha, I won one of those from Sony too!

I ended up selling it on ebay years ago though

OK, I have a little, not much, but hopefully I can keep the karma going...

Batman - Mask of the Phantasm - Original Release (has a Promo stamp on cover) - No longer available.

Superman (Rhino) - Sadly, disc 2 got destroyed, but the packaging is still very nice, and most people like disc 1 better anyway ROTFLMAO

Superman (Rhino) - Sadly, disc 2 got destroyed, but the packaging is still very nice, and most people like disc 1 better anyway :lol:

How did yours get destroyed?

The first copy of the Rhino edition that I had for the score my second disc some how got destroyed and I'm not sure how. I went to go rip it again and I took it out of it's holder and I saw it was literally cracked in half, not sure how it happened either.

Perhaps your disc 2 and my disc 2 are linked ala Elliot/E.T. :P Mine got cracked when it fell off the shelf. I bought a replacement which arrived just weeks before the Blue Box was announced. :lol:

Everyone who requested a CD that lives within the USA, your discs were mailed today.

The rest will ship tomorrow.