The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Oh, man, another clue from Roger!

The 2-CD set is a storybook fantasy from the 60s.

I guess that settles it; The late 80's -> present score that's been expanded already without an end title is a single disc, 3000 unit release.

Maybe it's Robocop after all, I dunno

No clue what a storybook fantasy from the 60's worthy of only 1000 units could be.

At any rate, a 1960s storybook fantasy sounds like the perfect chance for me to pick up The Brothers Grimm as well. I'm still completely stumped on the 3000 edition though.

That's a good guess.

Although the "expansion" was more like a reduction even though it added unreleased music.

Which is why Roger could refer to it as "strange"!

I really think this is it!

• A CD was released at the time of the film (1992) on the Morgan Creek label
  • A re-recording was released by Varese in 2000. This re-recording dropped some tracks that were on the OST, but added others. This makes it a "strange" kind of expansion
  • Neither CD included the End Titles
  • The DVD contains an isolated score that runs 81 minutes. Combine a few shorter cues, remove looping/tracking, and you have a score just shy of 80 minutes, able to fit on 1CD
  • 3,000 units is about right for the popularity of this score and movie

The only thing I'm not sure of is if the CDs are in chronological order or not

I would be excited if this is it. And it seems to fit every category. I'm pretty sure the first album was out of order.... and the second one was corrected..

The only thing it has going against it is that it appears the re-recording is in order... Also, both albums are still in print.

If this is it, though, it bodes well for Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves, which is also on the Morgan Creek label

I have most of The Last of the Mohicans from my Napster days...I know, I am evil. But it's incomplete, some tracks just stop, and I never listened to it. I rediscovered it a year ago and feel it's really great and worth a purchase, but I could never choose between the OST and the McNeely re-recording. The love theme sounds like it inspired Hansy's for At World's End. So a complete re-release would be awesome.

Chances are Nate and Hayes [are] waiting for me at home. I just listened to The Dark Crystal this weekend.

I have most of The Last of the Mohicans from my Napster days...

Is it by John Williams?

Uh, no. I would download shitloads of tracks from my favorite artists, soundtrack and rock, and then visit Amazon to build albums and figure out what was missing.

Though what I have from TLOTM is not on my iPod because I don't know how to tag it. Some tracks by Randy Edelman, and others by Trevor Jones. I own Gettysburg and The Dark Crystal, so I do have albums exclusive to both artists. I could create the Artist known as "Randy Edelman/ Trevor Jones" which is silly.

I really don't like the "Various Artists" bit, though 19 track albums like O Brother Where Art Thou? just pollute things like Cover View with close to 19 one-track entries. The three albums in my Compilations genre shouldn't be there, and albums that should be are not.

So until I figure it out, it stays off my iPod, and I don't have to watch Daniel Day Lewis run to me as I flip through the album covers.

I'm pretty sure the first album was out of order....

It is (out of order).

The first half (1-9) are the tracks by Jones. The rest are Edelman (I think), except for the song.

The soundtrack is one of my favorites. So if this indeed is the release then I'll have to be sure and grab one.

I have most of The Last of the Mohicans from my Napster days...

Is it by John Williams?

Uh, no. I would download shitloads of tracks from my favorite artists, soundtrack and rock, and then visit Amazon to build albums and figure out what was missing.

Though what I have from TLOTM is not on my iPod because I don't know how to tag it. Some tracks by Randy Edelman, and others by Trevor Jones. I own Gettysburg and The Dark Crystal, so I do have albums exclusive to both artists. I could create the Artist known as "Randy Edelman/ Trevor Jones" which is silly.

I really don't like the "Various Artists" bit, though 19 track albums like O Brother Where Art Thou? just pollute things like Cover View with close to 19 one-track entries. The three albums in my Compilations genre shouldn't be there, and albums that should be are not.

So until I figure it out, it stays off my iPod, and I don't have to watch Daniel Day Lewis run to me as I flip through the album covers.

You can fix that by putting the album artist as Trevor Jones & Randy Edelman, it'll all be under 1 album. Edelman did very little FYI, he was brought in at the last second to help Jones finish in time, and in the process disqualified the score for nomination.

Well it appears that The Last Of The Mohican's isn't it, because the re-recording was in chronological order.

How about Bruce Broughton's "The Boy Who Could Fly" ?

• OST at time of film's release (1986) on Varese was 35 minutes
  • Expanded score released by Percepto Records in 2002 is 63 minutes
  • Both CDs are now out of print

I have no idea if the CDs are chronological, never having seen the film. They both end with a track called "The Boy Who Could Fly" which might be the end credits, might not, I have no idea

The full score seems to run about 76 minutes, which would fit on 1 disc. And 3,000 units seems likely.

Well it appears that The Last Of The Mohican's isn't it, because the re-recording was in chronological order.

How about Bruce Broughton's "The Boy Who Could Fly" ?

• OST at time of film's release (1986) on Varese was 35 minutes
  • Expanded score released by Percepto Records in 2002 is 63 minutes
  • Both CDs are now out of print

I have no idea if the CDs are chronological, never having seen the film. They both end with a track called "The Boy Who Could Fly" which might be the end credits, might not, I have no idea

The full score seems to run about 76 minutes, which would fit on 1 disc. And 3,000 units seems likely.

I mention Broughton's score on the previous page. However with the cue "The Boy Who Could Fly", the album ends perfectly compared to the way Roger describes.

Man, this is quite a stumper. When it's announced I have a feeling we will all either go "ohhhh, DUH!", or it will be something that we dismissed because we thought it didn't fit his clues, or his clues were slightly wrong or something

I'm not expecting it to be something small we don't care about, because its 3000 units

Robocop makes a lot of sense, despite having tracked/edited credits. The original release was not only as far from chronological order as you can get, but also accidentally repeated a track - The track listing for the disc was also a mess because of this. The expanded release fixed the duplication error and track listing, but maintained the original intended album sequence, and only chucked 5 mins of new cues onto the end of the album.

Both discs do end abruptly, something which is solved by adding the end credits. They'd be a worthwhile inclusion for that reason alone.

If it is a resequenced and complete Robocop, I'll quite happily buy this score for the third time. :down:

But the Varese expansion is so recent, and still in print. And so is the original album

I betcha it'll be a Jerry Goldsmith.

Probably Rambo II, and his clues were slightly off

No, because that movie is too old (1965). The movie had a CD OST at the time of the film's release, making it 1985ish or newer

Stargate is in chronological order. The End Credits how they appear on CD is the original End Credits, what appears in the film after that is tracked material. I doubt it would be Stargate, not at 1,000 copies. Grant the score should have been released as a 2-CD set, but I doubt Varese would give Intrada, or another label permission to release the full score.

Unless Roger has made a mistake with the clues, I think everyone is completely stumped over this one.

Stargate is in chronological order. The End Credits how they appear on CD is the original End Credits, what appears in the film after that is tracked material. I doubt it would be Stargate, not at 1,000 copies. Grant the score should have been released as a 2-CD set, but I doubt Varese would give Intrada, or another label permission to release the full score.

Didn't Roger say that the 1000, 2-CD set is from the 60s? In which case, the one we're debating is the 3000 one.

Can't see any reason to do Stargate and Varese has the rights. Wouldn't make any commercial sense.

Whatever it is, they think it will sell well, and it will fit entirely on one CD. And I'm personally not dismissing the possibility of Mohicans - do re-recordings count in this clue?

WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm tempted to do a 'IN YOUR FACE' to everyone who thought it wouldn't be, but that's just not warranted. :)

After listening to the End Credits on youtube, I may just have to pick this one up. It will be my first Poledouris score.