Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan by James Horner (FSM Expanded Edition)

Jay

I can't believe it wasn't Gremlins

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan by James Horner

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/images/cds/cover1/large/431_968260.jpghttp://www.filmscoremonthly.com/images/cds/cover3/large/431_968260.jpg

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/cds/detail...-Wrath-of-Khan/ (includes mp3 sound clips)

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=12699

Music Composed and Conducted by James Horner

1. Main Title* 3:06

2. Surprise on Ceti Alpha V 0:45

3. Khan's Pets 4:19

4. The Eels of Ceti Alpha V/Kirk in Space Shuttle* 3:53

5. Enterprise Clears Moorings 3:33

6. Chekov Lies* 0:40

7. Spock 1:12

8. Kirk Takes Command*/He Tasks Me 2:07

9. Genesis Project (Composed and Performed by Craig Huxley) 3:16

10. Surprise Attack 5:07

11. Kirk's Explosive Reply 4:01

12. Inside Regula I 1:35

13. Brainwashed 1:24

14. Captain Terrell's Death 1:58

15. Buried Alive 0:57

16. The Genesis Cave 1:09

17. Battle in the Mutara Nebula 8:07

18. Enterprise Attacks Reliant 1:29

19. Genesis Countdown 6:34

20. Spock (Dies)* 1:53

21. Amazing Grace 1:26

22. Epilogue*/End Title* 8:41

Total Time: 67:52

Bonus Track

23. Epilogue (original version)*/End Title* 7:29

Total Disc Time: 75:28

I don't know... To tell the truth ST II original album is all that I really need. Unless the sound quality is improved considerably. Id'rather have ST V. expanded

Karol

I would assume that this can only mean that Star Trek 3 will be coming eventually as well. Probably use all the profits this will generate to pay its re-use fees :P

I'm so glad Paramount has come to their senses and started cooperating with labels wanting to release their scores

KHAN! KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

I don't care if it's unlimited, it's so ordered as soon as I can! But why the :P isn't it in film order? Oh well, I can do that myself.

KHAN!

EDIT- Hold on, I think I overreacted, it looks like it is in film order!

Indeed, this bodes well for the other films as well.

KHAN! KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

I don't care if it's unlimited, it's so ordered as soon as I can! But why the :P isn't it in film order? Oh well, I can do that myself.

KHAN!

I cant wait either. Im ordering it today.

What is "Genesis Project (Composed and Performed by Craig Huxley)" all about?

Is this the background music to Carol Marcus' proposal video to the Federation regarding the Genesis project? I don't remember it being 3:16 in length, but I never timed it either.

I'm so glad it's this, and not an expanded Ben-Hur soundtrack set that other people speculated about. What a year for expanded and/or unreleased James Horner scores!

What is "Genesis Project (Composed and Performed by Craig Huxley)" all about?

Is this the background music to Carol Marcus' proposal video to the Federation regarding the Genesis project? I don't remember it being 3:16 in length, but I never timed it either.

Hey, I bet you're right. There is some electronic stuff in the background there.

KHAN!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not gonna lie; I screamed like a little girl when I saw this. It may have to wait for Christmas, but this baby's gonna be mine. AWESOME!

Tough call for me. I never could find the original album in stores so I wouldn't be replacing anything

Well Hitch is gonna cream in his pants

You know, John, your avatar is looking particularly apropos today--especially appearing right next to your signature the way it does.

You know, John, your avatar is looking particularly apropos today--especially appearing right next to your signature the way it does.
So Tiger can miss the final cut, but ST II remastered still makes him happy?

He must be a closet score fan.

You know, its kind of odd that they'd release TWOK now and (presumably) Search For Spock at some point down the road

I'd think if they released both at the same time, they'd get a lot more people to just buy SFS while buying TWOK who might not get around to buying it individually

so...having never bought an FSM cd before....does the price ever come down?

Burga - who really REALLY wants this but finances prevent him from an instant order right now

Okay, I must clearly have missed something when watching the movie... it never struck me as having a particularly great soundtrack. But then, it's an early Horner, so maybe I should give it a try? But I will probably wait for awhile...

so...having never bought an FSM cd before....does the price ever come down?

Burga - who really REALLY wants this but finances prevent him from an instant order right now

It will be available from all the usual retailers; You don't have to order it specifically from FSM/Screen Archives.

www.moviemusic.com is a great place to order stuff, they have excellent customer service and $1 shipping (when you order 3 or more CDs).

I assume this will be sold on amazon eventually as well

What a year for expanded and/or unreleased James Horner scores!

Indeed. 2009 has officially become the Year of James Horner.

(Can a release of 48 HRS. be that far off?)

Well Hitch is gonna cream in his pants

I've been creamed before. Conn, contact Neilsbulksior. He'll have co-ordinates for the expanded ST3 score.

:lol:

*picks jaw up from floor* WOW just WOW! I never thought FSM would be able to release an expanded Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan score!

So both of these are definitely unlimited, right!?

I like the art design on this release -- it's a nice change of pace from the GNP Crescendo album, and probably better captures the spirit of the film.

The Goldsmith score is limited to 3,000 units.

It might piggy-back somewhat on the wave of enthusiasm for the Trek release, but I still expect it to be around for quite awhile.

I like the art design on this release -- it's a nice change of pace from the GNP Crescendo album, and probably better captures the spirit of the film.

I completely agree. I never cared for the GNP artwork.

The Goldsmith score is limited to 3,000 units.

Ah okay I think I'll pass up the Goldsmith, don't know that film.

Glad to see Star Trek II expanded it's soooo mine!!

I just realized that Star Trek 3 only turned 25 last month, so an expanded release might need a little more time still

Hopefully FSM and Paramount's partnership will bring us Star Trek 3 soon, Star Trek 4 in 2011, and Star Trek 5 in 2014!

I must be the only person on the planet who's not particularly excited about this...

I'll give it a listen obviously, but my knowledge of holy grails seems to be pretty bad these days.

One thing that stands about for the FSM version of this score is the mix is perfect. I never cared for the mix on the OST, especially for "Genesis Countdown". The mix on the OST was horrible as instruments came out of their wrong channels, nice to see they corrected this.

One thing that stands about for the FSM version of this score is the mix is perfect. I never cared for the mix on the OST, especially for "Genesis Countdown". The mix on the OST was horrible as instruments came out of their wrong channels, nice to see they corrected this.

You've heard it?

My god bones, what have they done ...

You've heard it?

I assume he meant from the clips online