Hook Korean LP

Jay

haha check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They dropped Remembering Childhood AND The Ultimate War to fit it on one LP!

Nice big picture of the deleted boat scene on the back cover though.

And speaking of the back cover, it actually lists the tracks unlike the US CD!

frontjn.jpg

backf.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it seems Hookmania has really caught on the board. Let's hope no one gets to depressed if it doesn't get released this year.

Anyway, since I like bombastic music The Ultimate War is the score's highlight for me so this LP would be useless. Actually I think those might be my two favorite tracks. It looks like a nice collectible though.

yeah but it is not as big.. I thinkj that's what he meant.

probably a year ago there was the Hook OST with a kind of "Ben-Hur Rhino Longbox" packaging, wich looked absolutely awesome as collectible! :D

that deleted scene picture (boat) is also on the CD OST.

The picture isn't as big though, since the cover on the CD is smaller.

This is a neat find, but not very useful since it's shorter than the OST. As a matter of fact, this drops two of the best cues of the score. As for a complete release, I'm hopeful but not exactly holding my breath. A complete Hook is without a doubt the holy grail for me, and while I'd be ecstatic if it comes out this year I am willing to wait. Just not too long.

Yes Esther that's exactly what I meant.

And the longbox you're referring to is right here!

long.JPG

Good form!

I had that CD long box. Hook is the earliest soundtrack I remember listening to and wondering WTF had happened to certain tracks that were alternate to the film version, like "The Never Feast" and "The Flight to Neverland". So disappointing.

Does a completist need every physical representation of an artist's work, or is the music what's important?

If that's the case, then a true JW completist would have to own one of every AOTC album to get the different cover arts, even though the music's the same.

The Hook LP is a nice novelty and conversation starter, that's for sure.

A true completist would own John Williams himself.

(But Thor, for instance, would be content with just parts of him; it doesn't need to be the good parts, as long as JW himself selected them. His body parts would be severely cut up, of course, with microcuts all over the place.)