John Williams art

Jay

So last night my girlfriend surprised me with this (click to see full size):

hook2.th.jpg

I knew she had bee working on a new painting for a little while now but she never told me what it was

The notes are top are the main theme (which plays during the flight to Neverland)...

Needless to say I was quite speechless

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got a special girl there, don't let her go.

34t8u38.jpg

"It puts the lotion in the basket. It does this when it's told"

Nice painting. Harry Potter? :D

Nice! My first thought was Harry Potter too, but of course... it's Hook!

I once had a girlfriend who learned how to play the Hedwig's Theme on her violin... it was painful to listen to, but I loved her for the thought. :D

So last night my girlfriend surprised me with this (click to see full size):

hook2.th.jpg

I knew she had bee working on a new painting for a little while now but she never told me what it was

The notes are top are the main theme (which plays during the flight to Neverland)...

Needless to say I was quite speechless

Very nice, Jason. Do the notes "spell out" a tune?

Who cares? You can rent dirty women!

"Ooooh, I need a dirty woman.

"Ooooh, I need a dirty girl".

Yes, the main theme from Hook, which is what plays during the scene painted

• 5 months later...

I just wanted to say.... I'm never not listening to you guys again :P

Emily, the girl who gave me this painting, was indeed an amazing women, and I should have listened to you all and done whatever it took to keep her around . But I was foolish, and couldn't commit myself to her the way she wanted, and I let her get away. I spent the summer dating another girl, and then ended up bumping into Emily on a white water rafting trip in September. Shortly after that I realized I was in love with her all along, and that she was the best girl I ever dated. I told her as such, but its too late now, she's dating somebody else.

So anyway, I will be sure to follow the words of wisdom of those who know more than me from now on :P

And if anybody has advice for how to win an ex back when she's dating somebody else, feel free to share :P

I just wanted to say.... I'm never not listening to you guys again :P

Emily, the girl who gave me this painting, was indeed an amazing women, and I should have listened to you all and done whatever it took to keep her around . But I was foolish, and couldn't commit myself to her the way she wanted, and I let her get away. I spent the summer dating another girl, and then ended up bumping into Emily on a white water rafting trip in September. Shortly after that I realized I was in love with her all along, and that she was the best girl I ever dated. I told her as such, but its too late now, she's dating somebody else.

So anyway, I will be sure to follow the words of wisdom of those who know more than me from now on :P

And if anybody has advice for how to win an ex back when she's dating somebody else, feel free to share :P

I hope you have broken it off with the other girl?

What has happened to you has befallen many a man. I came to a cross road at one time when I was dating my wife and I chose her over my career. Unfortunately there's nothing I can say to help you other than sometimes you have to let go. If it's meant to be it will happen, if not, well trust me, someone is out there for you and you just haven't met her yet.

Yup the other girl and I are through. We actually broke up in NYC the day of the Two Towers concert at RCMH... awkward!!

Did you get your career back on track eventually?

Yup the other girl and I are through. We actually broke up in NYC the day of the Two Towers concert at RCMH... awkward!!

Did you get your career back on track eventually?

Yes, as luck would have it something fell in my lap a month later.

Don't feel bad, there's never an easy way to break up with anyone.