SpaceCamp

Why is it this has never been re-released? There was a rumor some time ago it was coming, not sure what the story there was. I don't want to be a pirate anymore. Where's a CD?

Is this another score that Williams doesn't want released?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Training Montage" is easily Williams' most elaborate cue composed to date. The complex orchestrations and impeccable instrumentation transcend everything else. A masterpiece if there ever was one.

There's your next poll.

Training Montage from SpaceCamp vs. Training Montage from Rocky IV.

Hmmm...I'll take the Training Montage from Team America.

But seriously, the one from SpaceCamp is pure unadulterated 80s bliss.

I got the score from Napster when it was fashionably legal to do so, and can't justify paying $50 to John Doe for an album when JW won't see a dime of it. But when the labels release this sippy-cup grail, I'll buy it.

I still prefer Team America's montage. It's been way over a decade, but from what I remember of Space Camp, it was done during JW's cheesy and treacly Americana period. Not my cup of tea.

Before Supercollector folded, they had announced a re-issue. Not sure if it was going to be expanded or not.

This is the only Williams release I do not have the actual CD for. Back in the late 80's / early 90's there was a CD store in Austin that had a rather eclectic selection of music. In the soundtrack section they had a copy of Spacecamp. I figured I would grab it the next time I was in town....... :|

At the time of release, I bought the CD in a real CD store for a normal CD price. It came with a typical white Japanese inlay (in front of the original booklet).

I'm sure it'll be released in the next couple years. On another Williams-related note, Lukas Kendall said over at FSM that they tried to release Daddy's Gone A-Hunting a little while back and WB didn't have the masters. So that's one Johnny score we'll never get.

SpaceCamp is incredible. I love it. I spent 150 on this. Never regretted a cent. This was one of my favorite films as a kid though, so that helps.

Lukas Kendall said over at FSM that they tried to release Daddy's Gone A-Hunting a little while back and WB didn't have the masters. So that's one Johnny score we'll never get.

Thank God for that.

It's a very nice little score. I'm sure it's in someone's pipeline, it's got the perfect combination of high reputation and near impossible availability.