Inception - The App

BLUMENKOHL

One small leap closer to the holodeck!

Any one with an iDevice with access to the App Store try this yet? It's genuinely cool.

It's sort of like an augmented reality....for your ears of all things. Very creative! I have it running as I'm typing this. An acid trip for the ears is about what I can describe it as. It responds to the sounds around you, and uses the iPhone's gyroscope/accelerometer to determine the pace of your life. So you get action/chase music when you're driving around or your phone is in some sort of quick motion....serene stuff wh

The folks at RCP may not be much of composers, but their collaboration with last.fm, Nolan/Zimmer has yielded a pretty awesome app.

Check it out if you can, it's freeeeeeee!

Unfortunately in order to unlock some of the dream types you have to...be in places like Africa. *Sniff* Guess my next vacation may have to be planned around this, so I can add it to my collection of dreams.

Wired's article on it:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/12/inception-app/

An explanation of it:

As a piece of technology/engineering, this is one of the most remarkable and creative pieces of [consumer] software I've played with, it's very rich and complex. It pulls on information from sound, where you are, how fast you're moving, what direction you're moving in, the weather, time of day, the lighting in your room, etc. etc. It takes all of this information and reacts accordingly. Astonishing if you think about it. It even holds certain sounds in memory to haunt you later on. I was talking to someone earlier, only to hear their haunting echoes an hour or so after the fact. Creepy!

Two thumbs up! (Y) (Y)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya the 3rd generation iPod Touch does not have a mic. May have to pony up for a 4th Generation iPod next year.

Plug your headphones in (they should have a mic attached).

I don't quite get what you mean...

My iPod Touch is the 3rd generation version which doesn't have the video camera, or mic feature that the 4th generation does.

I don't quite see the point of all this... despite wasting a lot of time and space.

Karol

you mean you have never wanted a score for your life?

I don't quite see the point of all this... despite wasting a lot of time and space.

Karol

you mean you have never wanted a score for your life?

Of course. But, I think, Elliot Goldenthal might be better suited for this job. ;)

Karol

Sorry, Blume. i went to download it when I saw your original post, but I didn't have enough free space on my iphone so i couldnt get it. Maybe I have more free space now that I cleared out some podcasts...