Fury OST release rumour over at FSM

pete

Not officially confirmed yet, but fingers crossed.....

www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.asp?threadID=9097&forumID=1

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors are always true.....

You know (or should know) that you're wrong.

Ricard - Who's been dealing with all kinds of John Williams rumors during the last three years and a half. :roll:

But we already have it! Film version and album version. ;)

The flm version will be an excellent release if it comes into fruitition, but the album version with the LSO is a masterpiece. As great as the whole score is, the album version is untouchable.

This may be one of the rare exceptions that I make when comparing full complete scores to album versions. The Fury is untouchable, because the LSO performed so well and the album versions are fuller and more coherent. The only proper way to do sucha release is to make it a 2 disc set with both film and album versions. You need both.

-Chris, Who still wants this release very badly... :!:

:mrgreen:  

Morn - Who finds the score overrated...

8O

Joe - Who finds the score overrated...

and who finds himself agreeing with Morn.

The flm version will be an excellent release if it comes into fruitition, but the album version with the LSO is a masterpiece. As great as the whole score is, the album version is untouchable.

I agree. A OST release will be nice, but I'd also welcome a remastered release of the album version - the old release sounds fine, but certainly they could improve on that. :)

The Fury can't be underrated. It's an awesome on album, but it's one of the top film scores ever in combination with the movie.

Marian - who still hopes that the Varese Great Train Robbery rumour is true.

:?  

The Fury is the bestest score ever.

So shut the heck up!!!

:twisted:  :)  :twisted:  :)  

-Chris, Who just saw Minority Report....

Since there is no such word as bestest, what you say means NOTHING. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

At least you didn't call us

IDJUTS. :)

Joe, who wanted to be the writest of the wrongest. :)

Injuns? Whos' bringin' up injuns?

-Chris, Bestest speller ever! And all that disgree are LIERS!!!!! And MURDERERS (ask Morn about that one... :) )

My favorites:

"Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me."

"I ated the purple berries"

"It tastes like ... burning"

GAMECUBE! Love that original 8-bit NES Zelda avatar!!!!

-Chris, Who beat all the Zeldas until Majora's Mask, which confused the hell out of me... 8O

From http://www.musicfromthemovies.com

"There are many rumors flying around about upcoming Varèse Sarabande Club releases and future Deluxe Editions. Most of these rumors originate from the same, decidedly untrustworthy, source. Without addressing which titles are indeed forthcoming and which are not, I would like to say that Varèse Sarabande does not announce titles before they are final. The identity of Club releases can change mere weeks before they are officially announced. No orders for any of these rumored titles should be placed with Varèse Sarabande or any vendor before there is official confirmation. Some of the titles discussed have already been, at least temporarily, cancelled.

Good-spirited speculation is always fun but those who claim to hold all the answers should be looked on with a wary eye.

Robert Townson

Varèse Sarabande Records"

Most of these rumors originate from the same, decidedly untrustworthy, source.

Hmmmmmm, can you say Ford A. Thaxton?

Neil

Actually Ford has a good track record when he announces those releases ahead of time so I'll cut him some slack.

Yeah, I hope he's right. Still, he shouldn't be surprised that companies get pissed at him. And as a customer, I'd also prefer not to be told something is confirmed when in fact it's not clear.

Marian - who is "miss the point". :twisted:

The problem is not the rumor being true or false, but posting it on a public message board against the will of Varèse.

I might have some info regarding this, too. But making it public is not always the best option.

Well, I'm hoping that they do The Fury, even though my home made boot is one of my nicest that I've done (no sound effects), pros can do it better, and I will stop all trades on my versions as soon as they announce that they are doing it! And, as a matter of fact, I'll even stop trading it now thanks to the rumor of it's release.

My only concern is that the only way The Fury could ever be perfectly done is if it were a two CD set with one CD the film version and one CD the album version. The album version is one of Williams finest triumphs in terms of arrangement and orchestral performance, but robs one of excellent, TOP-NOTCH unreleased material. And the film version has that unreleased material, but the performances are flatter than the LSO's. But, since I do love both versions equally, you really can't go wrong with it. Anything they'll release, I'm buying... 1 CD, 2 CDs, 3 CDs... keep 'em coming!

And Ricard, I understand your concern, but I do think that most people here know the difference between a rumor and a fact (You do an excellent job seperating the two on this site, BTW), so we're cool with it. I take it as hope that a release will come, but if it doesn't, then there is no need to get angry because it was just a rumor.

We really need someone to remaster and officially release Images. A damn fine score... haunting and dramatic. And Silva Screen gave us the remeastered album version of Jane Eyre, but I'm DYING to hear the whole score! It's a shame that we probably won't see that anytime soon. :)

-Chris, Who is sometimes more eager to see older releases than new ones because we take recieving new releases for granted, and the older ones are always a great surprise! :)

I just received the latest catalogue of Movie Boulevard, and under "new releases" -- July -- they list 'Fury (Original Tracks)/Ltd Edition/J. Williams/Varese' and 'Great Train Robbery (Expanded)(Ltd Edition)/J. Goldsmith/Varese). :)

Yikes -- MB also lists as Varese new limited edition releases Commando (J. Horner), Predator (A. Silvestri), and Romancing the Stone (Complete) (A. Silvestri).

Movie Boulevard is now listing the 2cd Harry Potter as "delayed": I emailed them last week to ask about it and they said they had no news to report. I doubt that they would make up the Varese releases, or list them merely because of the rumors on FSM... Let's hope, anyway.

Varese' and 'Great Train Robbery (Expanded)(Ltd Edition)/J. Goldsmith/Varese). :|

Which contradicts the other reports...all other reports list it as a Deluxe Edition, and as far as I know, those are not limited.

Marian - who hopes it still comes out.

:mrgreen: Poltergeist

Well, if you keep the mind frame of "I'll believe when I see it", you're never disappointed and the "new" release is always a surprise.

Jamesyboy - NP: Rush- Vapor Trails, Track 6 "how it is"

• 4 weeks later...

:wow: So they really did a 2CD set. Sometimes, dreams DO come true. I'll definitely get this.

:nod: Varese :)

Marian - hoping that the Great Train Robbery rumours turn out to be true, too.

I just ordered The Sand Pebbles, Romancing the Stone and the 2 disc set of The Fury! Original film tracks, and a re-mastered version of the album, this is going to be great! Unfortunately, it seems to be missing the alternate "Death on the Carousel" that was on the older Varese album. Perhaps it's a hidden bonus cue.

Neil

The Fury???? Complete????

:wow:

Justin -Who thinks he's going to have to put all other purchases on hold of awhile. :nod:

I hate when they release these cd's exclusivly online. I have no means to pay online orders, so I guess I'll have to stick with the regular 1 cd edition.

Unfortunately, it seems to be missing the alternate "Death on the Carousel" that was on the older Varese album.  Perhaps it's a hidden bonus cue.

The original CD lists that cue as "Original Version". If that's the case, it's probably the same version as Track 14 Death On The Carousel (2:30), available on Disc One of the new set :mrgreen:

This is wonderful news!!

I know some CDs are discounted, but why must they have the:

List Price: $24.98

Our Price: $24.98

You Save: $0.00 (0%)

That's just goofy.