John Williams has received three nominations for the 2024 Grammy Awards, for his work on The Fabelmans (Best Score Soundtrack) and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Best Score Soundtrack and Best Instrumental Composition), both released within the eligibility period of October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2023.
The new nominations bring Williams’ career total to 76, making him the fifth most nominated artist in the history of the awards.
Here’s the full list of nominees in both categories:
70. Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media (Includes Film And Television)
Award to Composer(s) for an original score created specifically for, or as a companion to, a current legitimate motion picture, television show or series, or other visual media.
- Barbie – Mark Ronson & Andrew Wyatt, composers
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Ludwig Göransson, composer
- The Fabelmans – John Williams, composer
- Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny – John Williams, composer
- Oppenheimer – Ludwig Göransson, composer
84. Best Instrumental Composition
A Composer’s Award for an original composition (not an adaptation) first released during the Eligibility Year. Singles or Tracks only.
- Amerikkan Skin – Lakecia Benjamin, composer (Lakecia Benjamin Featuring Angela Davis)
- Can You Hear The Music – Ludwig Göransson, composer (Ludwig Göransson)
- Cutey And The Dragon – Gordon Goodwin & Raymond Scott, composers (Quartet San Francisco Featuring Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band)
- Helena’s Theme – John Williams, composer (John Williams)
- Motion – Edgar Meyer, composer (Béla Fleck, Edgar Meyer & Zakir Hussain Featuring Rakesh Chaurasia)
The 66th annual Grammy Awards will take place on Feb. 4, 2024, at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles.